Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day, Delays, and Graduations

My first Mother's Day was lackluster. I didn't feel well in the morning and we spent most of the afternoon with Matt's family. When I got home, I wrote a paper for class.

I want to renew my data plan on my phone and start geocaching with Lorelai as something to do. All my friends without kids are busy going on trips and having drunken adventures. My mom friends are busy with work and family. Lorelai and I went to the park and had fun, so getting out in the world more seems like it would be our bag.

Today I was supposed to have an appointment to have my birth control implanted, but it hadn't arrived. I have to call Carenet tomorrow to ask about the delivery to the office, and all that jazz. I'm sure Matt is chomping at the bit for me to get protection set. We haven't been intimate since before Lorelai was born, about three months ago. Bless his heart, I don't know many guys who would go a quarter of a year without so much as one complaint.

Lorelai is sleeping in her crib at night pretty regularly. I took this at about 3 in the morning some time back as proof to myself that I hadn't imagined it. This picture makes her look so big in her crib, while standing over it she seems so small to me.

I think it might also be time to graduate her to the faster flow nipple on her bottle. She's gotten to where she'll create a vacuum from sucking it so hard and collapse the nipple. To fix it, I insert a fingertip in her mouth at the side and pry her little lips out. The nipple pops back into place and with minimal fussing she's back to drinking, only to have it happen again about five minutes later.

We went to my friend Hannah's pregrad graduation. I regret I didn't get any pictures on my camera of Lorelai in her dress. She looked so cute, but also kind of like a little old man in drag. She didn't fuss, even though I thought she'd be bothered by the loud cheering and music. She was alert through the entire two hour ceremony, sitting in my lap and looking around intently. She crashed hard on the way back to the car.

Grandma and Pawpaw babysat her while we went to the post-graduation party and I got way drunker than I'd been in a long time. Since June of last year, in fact, when I found out I was pregnant. Ha ha. We left the party early because we missed her and didn't want to take advantage of Matt's parents. At least we weren't the first to leave, though.

Matt took care of her that night and into the morning so I could sleep off my bad decisions.

While I don't have frilly dress baby pictures to share, there is a video I got earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment