Thursday, July 26, 2012

No rest for the wicked

It has been less than a week since I found out I am pregnant. Last week around the time my period should have been starting, I began to experience low, dull cramping. It was very similar to the first cramps I get a few days before my period so I didn't think anything of it. But days went by, around four, with no sign of a period and still the persistent cramps. Saturday night I asked my fiance, Matt, to bring home a pregnancy test. Sunday morning I took the first, and it came out positive. Monday morning brought the same result, and we called a local pregnancy clinic for an appointment. Tuesday night the clinical pregnancy test also came out positive, and now on Thursday, it feels like it's been ages since that first test.

Of course I didn't get any time feeling fine to enjoy being pregnant. I'm not sure if the symptoms are psychosomatic, but starting either Monday or Tuesday morning, I started feeling persisting nausea starting from around two hours after I woke up. Tuesday I started feeling backaches, and fatigue. Of course, the backaches might just be from packing and moving. Yesterday the nausea wasn't bad, but this morning it is. I just guess I envisioned at least a few weeks where I could bask in being pregnant without feeling sick when I found I was around 5 weeks along.

I'm taking lots of breaks, and Matt's pulling the heavy lifting. I've had a few panic attacks, just because of the stress. Once we're moved out and in a welcoming, relaxed environment, I'm sure the stress levels will go way down. I have a job interview today, and Matt does as well. I'm hoping for the best for both of us. The money I make will go to savings to prepare for the baby, and the money that Matt makes will keep us alive, ha ha. If he gets this better job, things are going to get a lot better for our little family. After all, there's three of us now!

No comments:

Post a Comment