Sunday, March 3, 2013

Long waits

I've been at the hospital for two days now and it feels like we're not making much progress. In fact, it feels like I'm not making any at all. Yesterday I had a Foley bulb in my cervix after the Misoprostil softened things up and the contractions were excruciating with that. After 12 hours with the bulb in, it hadn't fallen out, and they needed to deflate it to remove it. tocThe good news is that removing it brought my mucus plug out. I got some pain medication, but the cervical check didn't go well enough for them to see how much progress I had made. I went to sleep, and woke up to a check that revealed that I was dilated 3 centimeters.

This morning I went walking for a while until my back was aching so badly I couldn't anymore. Now I'm just waiting. Waiting for the doctor to check me, waiting for Lorelai to get here. The nurses all seem to feel that she'll come today but I'm not so sure. All I know is that I'm exhausted and this baby is perfectly happy to stay where she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment