Thursday, April 11, 2013

Our SAGA

Lorelai's been fussy all night, per my last post. I finally got her to go to sleep, swaddled her and put her in the crib and drew a nice hot bath to try and get rid of some of the back pain I've been feeling. And as soon as I stepped into the tub.... little miss started screaming. So I tried to soothe her and lay her back down, didn't work. I pulled her swing into the bathroom and tried that. Nope. Tried to put her in her car seat and sit it by the tub so she could see me, and nope. Ha ha. She just wanted to be held. So I added cooler water to what was going to be my lovely rehabilitative soak until it was a safe temperature for her and brought her in with me. She calmed down, behind held and sang to in our warm bath, and we both got clean so I guess that's a plus. :D

One drawback is that I always have my hair up, and she's starting to grab at things now, and I was completely unprepared for my hair to be accosted. She pulled out quite a bit of my hair before our little drama was completely finished.



I won't say that I didn't enjoy the fact that she just wanted to be held by me, even if my back is still killing me and I am currently afraid to move off the couch for fear of waking the beast and experiencing the Hellmouth once more.

She sure is a cute little devil though.

1 comment:

  1. Braids are going to be your new best friend. (found out in summer camp)Get a good tight french braid in and it can last days, just comb in the flyaways if you want to look abit more presentable after day 2. It's even washable if you don't want to redo it after a shower.

    ReplyDelete