Thursday, August 30, 2012

11 weeks down, 29 to go.

So today we hit 11 weeks and according to my sources, the baby should be about the size of a lime. I get envious of the skinny ladies who are due within a few weeks of me. Some of them are starting to show, and today one lady talked about being able to feel her fundus. I don't know what the fuck that is but I'm pretty sure I'll never feel mine. I just feel that with so much belly fat that I will never be that adorable pregnant lady, or even look pregnant at all. It's a little depressing.

However, something not depressing, Matt is being incredibly cute. I told him in the middle of him watching the new Homestuck update that I was craving something cold and sweet so he stopped everything and took me to get some of Edy's No Sugar Added fruit bars. They're only 6g of total carbs so I can have one for a snack without it affecting my blood sugar much. For my before bed snack I had a tangerine one, and a few crackers. I'm hoping that having a small carb snack before bed will help to keep me from going low in the middle of the night and having my liver compensate by dumping sugar. So far when I get up at a reasonable hour, it works, but when I sleep in, my sugars are routinely around 100 to 110 when I wake up, which is 10 to 15 points higher than my doctor would like it to be.

My next prenatal appointment is on the 4th, 5 days away. Then on the 14th is my next ultrasound, where they're going to measure the nuchal translucency to try and determine if it looks like there's a risk for Downs Syndrome. I don't think that DS runs in either my or Matt's family so the risk is low. I just agreed to get another ultrasound. Ha ha. I like being able to see Baby Blasto. I'm also really hoping that on Tuesday I'll get to hear the heartbeat. :3 All of my appointments so far they've said it was too early. I think past week 9 is when a doppler can usually reliably pick it up so here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment