Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fuck you, bran flakes

So, I can't eat bran flakes. I was eating rice chex, but they're so bland and get soggy so quick that I wanted to try something else. We got bran flakes, and I've been eating it with some splenda sprinkled on top. I thought the higher fiber content might make it more friendly to my blood sugar. Nope. Yesterday my post-breakfast sugar was 190, today it was 195. It's not even like I'm filling the bowl to the brim. I'm eating the same amount that I was eating of the Rice Chex, and they didn't nearly affect me like this.

I'm in a really sour mood now because of it. I hate my body, and I fucking hate this stupid disease. I also hate all the little comments I've gotten because of it from people who think they're being clever about my also being pregnant. "Oh, better watch out. All those cravings won't be good for your blood sugar, ho ho ho." "You're diabetic, right? Well at least that might keep you from gaining weight because of the cravings! ;)" Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you, eat a dick. 

I even get a little irritated to the woman who was trying to be sympathetic and told me, "Oh you're just craving those things (meaning nachos, Ramen, spaghetti, etc) because you can't have them." No, I crave them because they're fucking delicious.

I'm feeling decidedly irritated with Matt today. Meh. I need a cave that I can crawl into and breathe fire for a while. Maybe murder some peasants.

No comments:

Post a Comment