Friday, September 21, 2012

Second trimester, ho!

I thought I had left constipation behind a few weeks back, but there I was today, sitting dejectedly on the throne, wishing I'd popped some Colace before I went to bed last night. And from here on out, as baby grows, it's only going to persist. Ah, the fun things no one tells you about when they talk about pregnancy. Of course they all mention morning sickness and sore boobs. I've been lucky and haven't thrown up at all through my first trimester. There were a couple of times I thought I would, and I had a low grade nausea, especially in weeks 5-9 that just seemed like it would never go away. Still, not nearly as bad as what many women go through.

Now we're in the second trimester, where things should get better for a short time. I feel like we've cleared an important milestone, but there is still so long to go, and so much that can go wrong. I know I worry too much, and our chances for miscarriage have gone down significantly, but I still can't help but feel anxious. My next doctor's appointment isn't scheduled for three more weeks, on the 9th of October. I wanted to say I felt like that was too long, but that's silly. Everything looked fine, and I'm not having any appalling symptoms. I just don't think I'll be able to rest until I have this baby healthy and happy in my arms.

Sorry your mom is such a fruitcake, Blasto. I'll try not to be too crazy while you're growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment