Saturday, September 15, 2012

A stubborn baby

Look at that baby waving hello!

So, we got to the ultrasound and started out with her trying to find the baby on my belly. The pictures weren't looking very clear, but it didn't take long to see the baby moving, the heartbeat going, and my fears assuaged. We switched to a vaginal ultrasound so the tech could see things more clearly. Man are those uncomfortable. She prodded me a bit to try and get the baby to turn over so she could get good measurements of the back of it's neck for the nuchal translucency test and laughed and told me I had a stubborn baby. Babe was like, "lol nope" and pretty much just hung out where it wanted the whole time. Although he did wave his arms a bit at us, and at one point it looked like he was dancing the hula. Ha ha. He did a lot of stretching, which I guess is nice for it while there's still room in there to stretch.


Look at those legs! Sorry baby for putting a picture of your butt on the internet. I'll try not to post any more, and I promise to never put naked butt pictures of you on Facebook. We never did get the measurements that were needed but the tech said everything else looked good. Hopefully we'll go back in a few weeks to try again and everything will be more cooperative.

In other news, Matt's working 11pm to 7am all weekend, which sucks. It sucks for him to have to flip his sleep schedule just for the weekend and then flip it again for the week. It sucks for me because I'm incapable of getting a good night's sleep without him. I finally passed out last night around 1 in the morning from sheer exhaustion and woke up at 4:30, unable to sleep again. Gah. He'll be home in a couple of hours, though, and I'll go back to sleep with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment