Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Comforts

The heavy depression of the weekend appears to have subsided, and I'm starting to feel more grounded. I went out and picked up a couple of craft projects that I want to complete before we move, and I'm hoping that having that focus will further help to keep these unreasonable feelings at bay. I did find myself completely content at one point this morning when I woke up, stretched and Lorelai was already awake and moving around. I cherish those movements, the quiet way that she seems to remind me of the good things that await us.

We had a great Christmas dinner with my in-laws, and even indulging in some harvest cake with whipped cream, my sugar was under where it was supposed to be after dinner. Huzzah!

For Christmas, my in-laws gave us some gift cards, winter coats, and the usual little items like socks, hats, ketchup, ha ha. They also got us the changing table that matches the crib we got, and it's waiting out in the garage with the crib for when we move in two weeks. The night was hilarious as they got an RC helicopter that's controlled through an iPhone app, and Matt and his dad took turns trying to get it to fly around the living room. At first it wouldn't come up off the ground until Matt put it into expert mode to unlock the throttle, and got it to go across the room and turn back before it zoomed upwards into the ceiling. It ran out of battery life and needed to be charged right after that, and we relaxed and chatted, watched a bit of Top Gear, and then needed to cut out so I could make sure that my team assignment for class had been turned in. Happily, it had, and I got to snuggle up to Matt to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment