Tuesday, December 11, 2012

THE CLOTHES

A good friend of ours gave us a bin of baby clothes once we knew the sex of the baby, and I sorted and folded and they're waiting in a laundry basket for us to move into the new place so I can get them washed and put up. We got a call from my mother in law the other day after she and my FIL had visited family out of state that they had a trunk of baby clothes, bedding, bottles, and toys from one of Matt's cousins. We assured them we had a bin for storage and came over to look at it. My mother in law said, "I don't think your bin will be big enough." Well, we've got 2 20 gallon bins to use, so I thought she might have thought I was talking about one of the little baskets we were using in shelving units in our last apartment. Oh my. No, there is way too much for the bins we have.

Bags and bags of clothes, two full large shopping bags of bottles and nipples, a bottle dryer, a huge bag of bedding, and a bag of toys. I am going to need to send one hell of a thank you card to Matt's cousin! And for the most part, the clothes were all really cute. There was only one thing I really didn't like, which was a sweatshirt with glittery text on it. I am not a fan of glitter text. Ha ha. But I guess my mother in law also gave her a heads up on our gender-don't-mean-a-thang-here-are-the-things-we-think-are-cute attitude because there was a ton of dinosaur and elephant stuff in there. :3 So cute! The bedding set is farm animal, which won't really work in our Dr. Who nursery, so my MIL is going to keep it at her house for the crib that the end up getting for the baby there.

I'm already floored by the generosity of friends and family, and I don't think we'll have to buy any clothes for the first year of Lorelai's life, ha ha. I know my sister is already going through the clothes left over from my niece and as my mother in law said, "You're going to buried alive in clothes at the baby shower." Ha ha.

Since I may not really know a lot of the people at the shower, I asked my MIL if she'd make sure to jot down who was there, who brought what, and send me addresses so I could make sure everyone was thanked properly.

And as for today, there's only 100 days left until my due date. I hope time flies from here on out, though I have a feeling it might go by a little too fast for my taste once we get into the apartment and I'm so busy trying to get everything ready for our Baby Blastocyst!

No comments:

Post a Comment