Monday, December 17, 2012

So placenta, it's come to this.

Possibly because I've been complaining about women with gestational diabetes, my own placental insulin resistance seems to have kicked in. My sugar has been running high, and today I'm having some headaches come and go with it. It's finally time to up my insulin dosage, so tomorrow I'll try upping it by 2 units and see where that gets us.

On Wednesday we have the hospital tour at MCV and on Friday the world is supposed to end. If that doesn't work out then next week we have Christmas,  and in two weeks after that it's moving day.

I focused on all the exciting plans for the next four weeks today in therapy, as the center closes down over Christmas break and my therapist won't be back until the 14th. I do have an emergency number to another therapist in case I have a crisis while she's gone, but I don't anticipate it happening. We've looked at the progress I've made in the last few months and there is a noticeable improvement in the way that I have been able to cope with stressful situations.

I'm mostly hopeful and anticipatory for Wednesday right now. I'm trying to get together all the questions that I need to ask on the hospital tour. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment