Monday, December 24, 2012

Double the flavor, double the fun

This morning I went a little overboard on my carbs for breakfast. I had a bowl of oatmeal with a banana sliced into it. If I had to guess, it was about 40 g of carbs. Within fifteen minutes of finishing breakfast, I felt the effects of a blood sugar spike, a light nagging headache. I probably should regret it, but nope.





My after-breakfast check came out to 155 (8.6). Now I'm relaxing, as best I can. This morning I was woken up by Braxton Hicks contractions so I've been taking it easy, knocking back water, and it's starting to subside. Lorelai is very active, so I've been singing to her while we wait for Matt to get home.

The next few days will be relatively busy. Today we're going to my in-laws for Christmas dinner and presents, then tomorrow Matt works in the morning and we'll spend the evening at his aunt's house for the family get together. He works Wednesday, but has off Thursday and we've got a date night planned. We're going to see Hotel Translyvania at the Byrd and eat sweet potato fries at Burger King. Ha ha. Aren't we a fancy bunch?

Hopefullly December will sweep itself out the door quickly and quietly. On the 2nd I have a Centering appointment and on the 4th we have an ultrasound to check up on Miss Lorelai's measurements. On the 8th we move.

No comments:

Post a Comment