Friday, December 21, 2012

Swag





Today we went out and bought two more diaper covers for our stash, and came home to a package on the doorstep. I was in a crafting swap where the aim was to craft for each other's children. I made her son a crocheted shark zippered bag, stuffed with lots of little goodies, some constellation embroidered canvases that I'd seen on her pinterest, and sent along some locally made candies from For the Love of Chocolate as a treat for her. By the way, never embroidering canvas again, my fingertips were raw for a full day afterward. Ha ha. Hopefully she loved them, though.

The package she sent me completely put me to shame, though. I'm completely blown away by her thoughtfulness and generosity. <3 She sent a painted plaque, painted photo frames, a framed Dr. Seuss/Dr. Who mashup picture she printed out, and a pair of little felt booties that are really completely adorable.

TARDIS plaque

The frame is painted in metallic blue!
I put pictures of my sisters and brother in the frames so that Lorelai can be watched over by her aunts and uncle. :3

Aren't these too precious?

The painting she did on the frames and in the background of the TARDIS has glitter! So ridiculously pretty.
 I've been really stressed lately. I think it's mostly because I'm so deeply anticipating moving and it feels like time is moving too slow for me. I get frustrated and irritated when I'm looking forward to something and it seems like time is just dragging on. I'm really happy that my best friend and maybe my sister are going to be coming to Virginia to spend time with me when Lorelai is born. Having my spirits lifted by being able to see Jenn again when I haven't seen her in fucking YEARS will do wonders to help me not fret and gripe in the days before the birth.

Maybe.

Is it bad that I'm seriously looking forward to all the laundry I'm going to get to do when we move? That's honestly not even sarcastic. I've been eyeing the box of cloth diaper covers/prefolds/all in ones that I have:
and the clothes that we were given or have bought:
and it all is going to need to be pre-washed/prepped/washed the first time before I put it away. The clothes will need to be sorted and larger sizes put away in the closet. I need to get bins that I can label with the different sizes. Squee!!
These are the two new diaper covers we grabbed today, along with the comic books I picked up for myself. I'm kind of in love with the hippos one. Especially one little hippo with a little rubber ducky friend. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment