Thursday, October 4, 2012

All in the timing

Sometimes I feel the most frustrated by diabetes in the fact that because I am on the 70/30 and trying to be consistent and effective with logging my post-meal sugars, I kind of have to plan things around diabetes. This morning I had oatmeal for breakfast. I felt immediately like going back to sleep because I didn't sleep well last night and between that, pregnancy, and this cold, I am exhausted. However, I stayed awake to check my post-breakfast sugar, and so that I don't have a crash while I nap, I'm going to be eating a sandwich before I take my cold medicine. I'll set an alarm to wake me up in two hours so I can check my sugar again and then hopefully get some more sleep. The only cold medicine that was both sugar free and ok'd by my doctor was the diabetic tussin and my pharmacy only had the nighttime formula in stock. I'm anticipating it knocking me out, especially since I'm taking my other medication at the same time and the Prozac makes me feel a little sleepy and relaxed on a normal basis.

All I want to eat is comfort food (i.e. junk) but I'm trying to make myself eat healthy for the sake of the baby (and me too). I think my body has finally truly gotten used to the reduced food/carb intake because I woke up this morning and I wasn't really hungry. I had a hard time finishing my sandwich the other night. I just haven't had much of an appetite for anything. Except chicken nuggets and apples. Ha ha. Oh well. I made myself eat oatmeal this morning and was vaguely satisfied by how yummy it was. Now I'm actually feeling up to a tuna sandwich so I suppose that's what I'm going to go have right now.

Then it's off the dreamland.

No comments:

Post a Comment