Monday, October 8, 2012

Future Mommy Blogger?

Somehow I've come to this idea that being a mommy blogger is somehow a negative thing. However, some of my favorite blogs are written by moms, and about their families. These women share stories of their everyday lives in a language I can understand - mostly cursing. They are unapologetic and deliciously wicked. Somehow I disconnected them with the idea of mommy blogging, and made some unspoken vow that I would never be part of that culture - part of the mommy wars that I associated with mommy bloggers.

But really, why wouldn't I? I keep this blog because I was asked by my best friend who wanted to experience my pregnancy and keep up to date with it. My family lives 1400 miles away from me, my best friend even further. Why wouldn't I continue to blog, collecting my thoughts and pictures of my family and future children as I went? That's silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment