Saturday, October 20, 2012

Schedule Change

I got a call today from Mrs. Abrams, the social worker at the hospital. It turns out the Centering Pregnancy group that I was placed in ended up not having a lot of people so I've been moved from March/April moms to February/March, which is the group that she's leading. This also means that I don't have to wait until the 8th for my first meeting, instead it will be Wednesday. Anything to make the time pass a little faster is good in my book.

Three weeks until we see Blasto again!

Even though we won't move until January, I've been looking around for apartments to see what our options are. After talking with Matt, he really doesn't want to move further south and would ideally like to stay in the Mechanicsville area. I agree with this, after all, I know my way around the area decently, which I can't say for Highland Springs or Hopewell. We'll be close to my in-laws, as well as our friends. Also, to be honest, I have a better idea of the safety of the area than I do for others.

We found one apartment that's not far from Mechanicsville on Chamberlayne that I thought was completely perfect. The pictures of the outside looked nice, the inside looked good, and it was a good price. I drove by today on the way to take my friend Hannah back into Mechanicsville and looked at it, and it looked really shady. I don't feel comfortable living there with just Matt and I, much less a baby as well. Oh well. Right now we're thinking of looking at the townhouses right behind the grocery store that he used to work in, or the apartments that we were living in with Alan. If I remember correctly from the paperwork from when we live there, we more than qualify for the income needs based on Matt's salary. I need to look up the apartments that are behind the Mechanicsville public library as well. I remember when we looked at them a year and a half ago, we thought they were quite nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment