Thursday, October 18, 2012

Twin mattress, ho!

We couldn't find the leak, so we are on the twin mattress until January when we move into our own place and can once more have our lovely queen size bed back. So far it has been alright. I haven't woken up on the floor yet, even though Matt and I both tend to sprawl in our sleep. I do have to say that being forced to cuddle through the night has been nice. I wake up sometimes in the middle of the night to find his arms around me, or sometimes he'll stir and give me kisses and rub my belly before he drifts back to sleep. I feel very loved, which I do all the time, but in the night when I'm having trouble sleeping and the brunt of my anxiety and worry comes creeping in, it's especially nice.

I got a call today from the Richmond School District to come in next Friday for substitute teacher orientation. I'm excited, and looking forward to working again. Especially working in my desired setting. Not working has been killing me, and a huge drain on my morale. Every time I spend money, I can't help but think in the back of my mind that hey, that's not really my money to spend even though my husband doesn't think of it that way. We've had a joint bank account since we moved in together and we've never split up finances as my money and his money, it's just been ours. We've never had problems, we always talk about things that we plan on purchasing and do surprise purchases so very rarely. I don't know why it's bothering me now, especially since I haven't been spending outside of what we would normally buy. I did purchase some prints for the nursery on Etsy, but when I told him he was fine with it. I'm sure he trusts me not to go crazy.

Still, feeling like I'm contributing will help, I think. I've been tempted to just put my application in ANYWHERE, but there are few places that I feel would hire a woman pregnant in the second trimester, and do I really want to deal with working for a few months somewhere and then having to quit? After all, it's already been decided that I'll stay home with Blasto when they get here. Substitute teaching is kind of perfect for me like that, in that I can work as much or as little as I feel like, contribute into our savings, and it's easy to stop working without fuss once Blasto arrives on the scene.

I'm excited, and hoping it all goes well. When Matt gets home, I'll ask if we can go get some maternity shirts for me that will cover up my tattoos. I'm not worried about covering my wrist tattoo, as it's for medical alert purposes, but my arm and my chest piece will need to be covered. Besides, I have very few pieces of professional attire. I'm mostly a tee shirt and jeans girl, so I'll need clothes to work in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment