Friday, October 26, 2012

Fantastic pregnancy symptoms

This week I've been having some uterine ligament pain off and on, but it hasn't been too terribly bad until today. I'm pretty sure Blasto was getting in some lucky kicks to my ligaments, because I would feel the faint flutters of movement on the right side of my uterus and then suddenly get hit with this sharp crazy pain. It would only last a few seconds, and was happening every few minutes without much pattern. Thanks Blastocyst! Mommy loves you too. Eventually I guess they managed to move so they weren't kicking that spot anymore because the pain didn't come back. For a little while it was straight up hell though.

I've also had acid reflux all today. I love spicy food, I eat it all the time, I grew up eating it. Very rarely I'll get heartburn from something a bit too spicy, but I can only think of a couple of times in my life that's happened. I have never had acid reflux symptoms of a tight, burning esophagus before. It's been persistant all day. I've avoided acidic food and now it's much less noticible than it was during the day. I'm hoping it goes away soon and never comes back. However, from what I've read it's more common in pregnancy so I might have to chill it on the late night chorizo tacos.

It also seems that pregnancy is exacerbating my insomnia symptoms. The night before last I couldn't sleep at all, and tonight I woke up after about three hours of sleep and couldn't get back. How dumb. Hopefully I manage to doze back off again soon, because this afternoon I have a job interview/orientation.

No comments:

Post a Comment