Friday, January 4, 2013

35%

There have been a few anxieties that I've been experiencing lately.

  1. There's something wrong with the placenta and it's coming unattached. 
  2. Lorelai's belly circumference is too large, indicating that my blood sugars have been affecting her. 
  3. Lorelai has slipped behind even further in measurements, indicating that I'm not providing her with adequate nutrition. 
We had the first of the measurement check ultrasounds today and I can safely say that all three of those fears have been completely alleviated.

  1. The placenta looks great, and is not separating whatsoever. 
  2. Lorelai's measurements were all completely proportionate, and her belly measurement in particular was right at the 50% marker, perfectly average. 
  3. She is still measuring about a week "small", but only to the point that puts her in the 35th percentile for weight. The doctor said that there's nothing to worry about, because my EDD might be ahead a few days and even if it's not, it's not far from average at all. 
All is well, and I'm feeling really fantastically after seeing my little lady. She was smacking her lips on the ultrasound, and generally being stubborn about letting the tech see her heart which seems to be pretty much business as usual for her. Ha ha. I also got to see her chubby little legs and I can't wait until she's here so I can cuddle in all that roly poly babiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment