Sunday, January 20, 2013

Little pieces of love

My father in law came over today and helped me to hang up the mobile over Lorelai's crib. It glows in the dark! I also put up the chalkboard style shelving for books, and I'm looking forward to having everything pieced together and ready for her to come home. I'm also really looking forward to being able to do the big nursery reveal with epic pictures, and hopefully those will be taken with my nice camera and not Instagram. Ha ha.

Every little piece I accomplish in her room is bringing me a lot of joy, like finishing an area in a very difficult jigsaw. The image is starting to come together, and the room is becoming less of "the second bedroom where all the unpacked boxes are," and more "Lorelai's room." Just about seven and a half more weeks (if I go all the way to my induction) until Lorelai is coming home to us.

I've been trying to find a way to adequately express the excitement, fear, and complete elation I feel when I think that this is it, I'm crossing over into the lee of this new path that I've always wanted to tread down but never was permitted before. It's extremely humbling. I know that a lot of people probably feel like I'm making too big of a deal about this - so what, I'm having a baby, people have babies every day. NBD, calm your titties down woman. But to me, this is the biggest freefall into happiness I've ever encountered. Anticipation that's built over the years to the point where it's now, and it's happening, and I can hardly believe it mostly because yes, so many women are moms. But now I get to be a mom? I don't feel like I deserve it.

So please stay with me while I completely geek out over all the little things like putting up the mobile and finding a bookshelf solution that I love, because I promise I'm not sappy all the time. I'm just finally finding the last few pieces of myself missing from the puzzle that I've been slowly working on for so long. It just feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment