Saturday, January 26, 2013

What a terrible, no good week

This week has been tough. Matt's been working more than usual lately, and on his one day off he got called in to go to a meeting. His drive to work is 40 minutes, mostly highway. It eats up a lot of gas. So with the extra gas he's been using, we are flat broke. I need more insulin. We need more groceries for the next week. Oh, and the days he doesn't have to work, we still have to drive into Richmond for my appointments. We'll be fine, it'll just be tight this time around, and we may have to dip into the savings, but the added stress doesn't help from the overwhelming stress that the end of my statistics class put on me and the fact that my blood sugar doesn't want to be good lately.

My fasting sugar this morning was too high - close to 120. I took my insulin and thought I was making a smart choice by keeping breakfast to a cup of yogurt - only around 15 grams of carbs. Two hours later, I'm still high. Can I please just get into a fist fight with my pancreas now? It doesn't help that Matt made a huge bowl of Ramen for lunch and it smells amazing and that's all I really want to eat but even if my blood sugar were behaving like it should, I wouldn't be allowed to have it.

I'm just in a pissy mood now from all of it, and I honestly have zero desire to be me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment