Thursday, January 10, 2013

Home

We've moved into the new place, and I like it. I still need to get the rest of the place squared away before I can start on the nursery, but I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to put the crib and changing table together.

I have been feeling a little neglected, though. On moving day, my sugar began to drop very quickly around 1 or 2, and I mentioned this to Matt, asking if we could get something to eat before he and his dad took the truck for the furniture that was at the old place. I told Matt my sugar was crashing, and I was concerned because the only thing we had in the house was oranges. I feel like he just brushed it off and left. I started eating the crap out of oranges. Waiting for them to get back, my sugar crashed a second time, so more oranges were consumed. Finally at around 6pm, we went out to eat.

He had today off work and was supposed to get the things we had in storage. It felt like pulling teeth to get him to go out for the first load of boxes. When what I really wanted (silverware and microwave) wasn't in that first box, it took four times of me saying, "Can you go get more," or "Hey, are you wanting to get out there before the sun goes down?" before he finally went. I mentioned over an hour ago that I felt hungry, suggested something to eat, and I'm still sitting here waiting for him to get off the video games so we can go.

It's just frustrating because I feel like I'm just background noise right now to the television or his computer. It's frustrating to feel like I have to compete with tumblr or games for attention even on simple things like, hey, your pregnant diabetic wife desperately needs to eat. How is it going to be when the baby gets here?

1 comment: