Thursday, February 14, 2013

35 and 35

Today I am 35 weeks along, with 35 days to go to my due date. Holy moley! Ha ha. I spent the entire hour of therapy talking about my pets. We had to euthanize one of our fish this week. It wasn't as traumatic to me as losing a rat, probably because it's harder to get attached to the fish in the same way, but it was still tough. It took me a long time to get to sleep the night after because the house smelled of clove oil. Not having him in the tank is tough too. He was a pain in the ass, but damn he was pretty.

I engaged in some retail therapy for the remaining fish and used some of this nesting energy to completely re-do the tank. We have LED lights in there now, which is arguably pretty awesome.


I need to pick up some suction cups to get the cords out of the way better. The remaining fish seem to be doing okay without Bebop, though I was really only ever worried about Rocksteady because she and Bebop seemed to be bonded pretty tightly from day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment