Sunday, February 17, 2013

Showered

Today was my baby shower. My mother-in-law and aunts-in-law (Is that a thing? Now it is.) hosted it at my MIL's house and it was perfect. Not a ton of people, about 11, and a lot of fun. We opened presents and ate, talked, and laughed a lot. It was nice to be surrounded by family and friends, though I felt guilty that I couldn't do much to help despite the fact that I was explicitly told not to. Ha ha.

I was completely spoiled, by everyone. :) And now to collect addresses so that I can start writing out thank you cards. It was incredibly fantastic to feel just how loved my daughter and I are by the people who came to celebrate with us.

I also absconded with an amazing amount of fruit and pepperjack cheese so tonight I am snacking like nobody's business while I finish up laundry. :D PEPPERJAAAACK!

I gave Tonie and Lori beach themed yummy smelling things as hostess gifts, and spent the better part of Saturday searching the city for a March birthstone pendant for Joy. I told her I wasn't sure if she liked thin or thicker chains so I still needed to take her out to choose a chain for the necklace. :)
I also got seriously lucky because I was looking for hours for a pendant like this and when I finally found it at Kohls, they were getting rid of their birthstone pendants like this and I got it with a $70 discount, so I have more monies to make sure that the chain we buy for her is a nice one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment