Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Difficult Conversations

Today (I guess yesterday now) was Matt's daughter's birthday. When I first met him and we became friends, he was in a relationship with his ex, and they had a daughter on the way. Shortly after she was born, they broke up. He doesn't get to see her anymore, and it's a complicated situation. She is 6 now. I know that around this time, he tends to get a little depressed and I think it might be affecting things with the baby on the way. He hasn't seemed to really be interested in much of anything to do with Lorelai. He's still rubbing my belly and he told her goodbye before he went to work today, but we were at his mom's house looking through some of the clothes we were handed down by one of his cousins and he sat in the corner and played games. Even his mom commented about his apparent lack of interest. I don't know if it's just me and my hormones, but while he doesn't necessarily seem uncaring about the baby coming, something just seems off and I wonder if it has to do with thinking of his daughter and the depression that can bring. I don't really know how to bring it up, though, or if it even needs to be brought up.

No comments:

Post a Comment