Wednesday, February 6, 2013

My unborn child is a jerk

All day I've been thinking to myself that Lorelai hasn't been as active as usual. About 40 minutes ago, I noticed that I hadn't felt really any movement in the last hour - which is normally about the time she starts a tiny kick parade. So I ate a big bowl of ice cream, some salsa, and had some Sprite Zero. I figured if I went with the full trifecta of what makes her move (sweet, spicy, carbonation), then I'd get an explosion of movement. Not so much. 6 movements, and all much weaker/smaller than normal. I'm worried. Worried enough that this kid has 20 minutes to go to town on my organs and then I'm calling Labor and Delivery and asking if they think I should come in. I have an NST tomorrow but I'd rather feel silly for going in tonight and being told everything's okay and CALM DOWN LADY than going in the morning and told that something is terribly wrong.

So 20 minutes. Let's see if I can get through it without having any anxiety attacks since I really need to be focusing on movement right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment