Saturday, February 9, 2013

One Car Household

The bad news is that Matt put a hole in the side of his engine and now we need to find a rebuilt Saturn engine for his car. The estimates that both myself and his dad came up with from looking around are over two thousand dollars. His dad is letting him use their extra car until we get the dash cluster in my car later this week. Once my car's dash problems are solved, we are a one car house. I don't like this idea at all.

For starters, what if I need to get to an appointment while he's working? I'm not terribly concerned with going into labor because I'll be able to call the in-laws, but what about when the baby gets here? It's going to take forever to save up the money for a new engine or buy all the parts to rebuild it ourselves.

I also really don't like being without transportation. Even if I don't go somewhere during the day, just having the car out there and able to drive if I need to is a comfort thing for me. I've rarely been without a vehicle since I turned 16, and when I don't have access to a working vehicle I feel trapped and anxious.

In order to make myself feel better and give myself something fantastic to focus on, I indulged myself in a new game, something we haven't gotten in a long time. I picked up Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It's gotten great reviews as far as I've seen and Studio Ghibli worked on it which is always a plus. Although, considering the story is about a little boy trying to save his mother, I can imagine that I'm setting myself up for a lot of ugly, snot-filled crying episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment